TDR Dyno run

Vous pouvez présenter vos TDR dans cette section, en photo ou en vidéo.

Modérateur: Equipe des modérateurs

TDR Dyno run

Messagede TDRSHINE le 04 Mai 2017 11:05

As you may have read through my other topics in the "Parking" section of this forum (where you can find plenty of details 8) ), this is the "dyno run" related to my setting up a new engine block, with sportier configuration to use exclusively on track.

Of course, the blue curve is related to the engine "after the cure" :mrgreen: , while the red one is the curve for "the stock" engine after being entirely rebuilt.

As you may note, the "new" curve is constantly above the "stock" curve, and that matches perfectly my main aim to raise the HPs all along the power curve and to have a stronger torque. Only this way the bike is more exploitable in any condition and gives its best thanks to her agility.

My favourite part of the graph is when the two curves cross themselves at the "stock" curve power peak : this means that I've gained without any "side effect" about 950RPM of pure power after 9500RPM. 8)

I don't care much about peak power gain, and about this : if you look at the test conditions, you may note that the second test has taken a slight advantage by the ambiental conditions : lower temp, lower humidity and higher barometric pressure. Factors that are quite important on a 2 stroke bike performance. :shock: For both tests, gasoline was the common 98 octane.

Feel free to ask if you have any questions. :mrgreen:

[-X Only a few last words :
1) Do not do this tuning on bikes that you use on roads : in addition to not be allowed, if you really want to enjoy your bikes, have a turn or two on track. Enjoy yourself without taking risks.
2) The tuning I've given my bike, is the result of study, tests and very accurate setup : this means that these modifications, if executed improperly, could seriously damage your bike and yourself, at your own risk. I decline any possible responsibility.
Two strokes forever!
TDRSHINE

Motos: TDR 125

Re: TDR Dyno run

Messagede Snawbool le 04 Mai 2017 13:21

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
DTR 125 - 3NC (1992) ------ XTR660 - DM011 (2007)
Chaine youtube "M'sieur Gone"
Snawbool
Mamie

Motos: DTR125

Messagede TDRSHINE le 04 Mai 2017 14:26

Snawbool a écrit::shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

:mrgreen: 8) :mrgreen:
Two strokes forever!
TDRSHINE

Messagede phifi le 04 Mai 2017 16:24

:mrgreen: Chevaux "à l'étincelle" sur un banc sympathique.
ImageImage
phifi

Motos: 240TDR 900TDM

Messagede TDRSHINE le 05 Mai 2017 9:09

Remember that we are talking about a Belgarda TDR with 3MB "P" cylinder & head and this is already a very good "stock" engine base. :mrgreen:

TDRs Belgarda were omologated between 27hp and 28hp at crankshaft, and if you consider an average loss (for a 125cc - 2 strokes bike) of 1.2/1.5 hp from crankshaft to wheel, you are aligned with the dyno "stock" engine reading. 8)

The dyno bench is made by one of the best and diffused brands in the world and is also certified. Moreover, the correction factor is EEC, that is well known to be not so friendly with "hp" as the SAE or STD, that are older than this. :shock:

I'm not interested in showing "big numbers", but to share with you the fun that I have in designing, realizing my "special parts", and finally testing them on circuit. By the way, being all relative, there has been read a peak power gain of about 3,7hp in the high-end without any losses in the mid-range and low-end. :mrgreen:

The amazing aspect is that I've reached my main aim, that is to raise the HPs all along the power curve and to have a stronger torque, working on the "stock" engine, while maintaining its reliability.
:wink: A passionate advice : cure precisely the assembly tolerances of parts and and the set up.
:wink:

The bike is readier, agile and the engine has more breath in every condition. So I can have an extra advantage coming out from circuit curves, and there take also some meters of advantage on the Aprilia or Cagiva 125 "coeval" bikes, that still remain unbeatable on the straights, but that are much less distant than before. :twisted:

And, I have already some other new enhancements in my mind.... 8)
Two strokes forever!
TDRSHINE

Messagede phifi le 05 Mai 2017 10:07

:wink: Sans vouloir être désagréable, toutes les modifications effectuées sur ta moto ont été testées dans les 10 dernières années.
Le seul moteur yamha de la gamme TDR/DTR/TZR capable de dépasser réellement les 30cv est le 4DL des TZR sp.
Selon la marque et l'étalonnage du banc de puissance, les résultats peuvent varier de 20 à 25%.
ImageImage
phifi

Motos: 240TDR 900TDM

Messagede TDRSHINE le 05 Mai 2017 11:54

phifi a écrit::wink: Sans vouloir être désagréable, toutes les modifications effectuées sur ta moto ont été testées dans les 10 dernières années.
Le seul moteur yamha de la gamme TDR/DTR/TZR capable de dépasser réellement les 30cv est le 4DL des TZR sp.
Selon la marque et l'étalonnage du banc de puissance, les résultats peuvent varier de 20 à 25%.

No problem, everyone has the right to express his ideas. And I respect this. :wink: So, take it easy, and respect mine, too. We are talking as old friends, here. :D I just put my bike on a serious dyno and waited to see what happens..nothing more. :D

I lived "directly" the 80's-90's (re)evolution of these bikes and I know what I'm saying. 8) I'm living directly the racing "business" in this and other fields and I'm not interested in convincing anyone. :mrgreen:

The tuning I performed on my bike is "personal", in the sense I have studied, designed and optimized every detail. To be clear, the admission manifold is at its 4th generation along 8 months of study and tests. Ignition advance is optimized, such as carburation and so many other details. So, let me say that no-one has my set-up, and I'm really proud of it. 8) Maybe in the past someone did something similar, but you know that details are very important for a 2 stroke engine. The same bike in a rainy day performs differently than in summer.

I've seen a Cagiva Mito 125 gaining 2,5hp only refining the carburetion. :shock:

If you have read my post, I said that it's all relative : if ideally I'm starting from a certain power curve and power peak, on the same dyno, I will read in the same percentage at any changes .So if the peak power is X hp "stock" and after a tuning is 5 hp higher, the total power is (X+5)hp. Doesn't matter which is "X" value. 8) But I repeat that the most important aspect of my special tuning is to have gained power at any engine speed (RPM) without loosing nothing.

P.S. : I don't think that a serious worldwide bike manufacturer wants their customers pay more taxes declaring higher power than real at omologation moment. The contrary could sound quite strange. :shock:
Two strokes forever!
TDRSHINE

Retourner vers Les TDR

• Articles en relation
    Réponses
    Vus
    Dernier message