GUIDE CHAINE DTR

Modifications et questions mécaniques (sauf pannes !)

Modérateur: Equipe des modérateurs

Règles du forum
Avant de poster un nouveau message, avez vous lu "les indispensables de la base de connaissance" ??
C'est ici viewtopic.php?f=26&t=11854

Re: GUIDE CHAINE DTR

Messagede OldTimer le 24 Sep 2016 22:37

Nice TDR Belgarda =D<
Full Minarelli ? Dellorto 28 ?

Colors and machine looks like brand new.
DT-Lc 1983, Ktm Gs 1975, TDR 240 1988
2 Stroke Power !

OldTimer

Motos: Plein !

Messagede TDRSHINE le 29 Sep 2016 11:57

OldTimer a écrit:Nice TDR Belgarda =D<
Full Minarelli ? Dellorto 28 ?

Colors and machine looks like brand new.

Full power Minarelli with Dell'Orto phbh 28. Funny bike! :wink:

I did a complete restore, dismantled completely the bike down to the last bolt, but the fairings are amazingly original.

I'll as soon publish pictures of the bike...just need time and a sunny day! :mrgreen:
Two strokes forever!
TDRSHINE

Motos: TDR 125

Messagede ARNAUD le 29 Sep 2016 21:07

Komankimapouri mon topic avec son TDR vert bouteille, lui...
En plus il nous dit même pas où il trouve son téflon, comment il le taille et y a pas une photo des pièces finies...
:mrgreen:
ARNAUD
Expert TT

Motos: 125 DTR

Messagede TDRSHINE le 30 Sep 2016 18:28

ARNAUD a écrit:Komankimapouri mon topic avec son TDR vert bouteille, lui...
En plus il nous dit même pas où il trouve son téflon, comment il le taille et y a pas une photo des pièces finies...
:mrgreen:

I've built the chain sliders by myself in nylon by CNC (numerical controlled machine) and manual finishing. They are completely identical to the originals, so they have the same dimensions.
I've just to take pictures of my bike : never thought to take pictures of my chain sliders before your post :mrgreen: :mrgreen: . You'll see them as soon as possible, sometimes I see my TDR once in two/three weeks, so be patient. :wink:

The problem (or the solution) is: when you'll see them, maybe you want them! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

If you (and other members of this forum) have a question, feel free to ask.

P.S: My TDR is silver gray and black! Emerald green are the stickers. :)
P.S. Not sure to understand the first word of your post, could you help me?
Two strokes forever!
TDRSHINE

Messagede ARNAUD le 30 Sep 2016 18:35

Just a joke in text message language to say you ruined my moment of glory with my YZ chainguide, lol...
:wink:
C'mon, take some pictures!
ARNAUD
Expert TT

Messagede TDRSHINE le 30 Sep 2016 18:44

ARNAUD a écrit:Just a joke in text message language to say you ruined my moment of glory with my YZ chainguide, lol...
C'mon, take some pictures!

Great job with your YZ chain guide, you focused my attention on your topic! =D< :wink:
Two strokes forever!
TDRSHINE

Messagede ARNAUD le 30 Sep 2016 18:51

Don't have access to a CNC machine and I wouldn't know what to do with it anyway, so I had to go a simpler way, with a pair of hands and a file...
And my bike doesn't exactly look stock anyway!
ARNAUD
Expert TT

Messagede TDRSHINE le 04 Oct 2016 10:20

As promised :D , here there are the pictures of my chain sliders :

Made of very slippery and robust nylon they're CNC machined and finally hand-finished.

I've rebuilt a lot of other parts for my bike, such as modified high-performance-optimized inlet manifolds, parts for the airbox, mirrors, parts of fairings, knobs.

Of course, this "replica" method is applicable to all kind of bikes (my friends widely use them :mrgreen: ) and in many different materials. I've designed and produced special parts for scooters and cars, such as navigator supports, handles, spoilers, shift knob.

Some of these parts are designed and used in national competitions. :wink:

If my hobby is a subject of interest for forum members, please show me which is the correct section and I'll post some images of my "creatures". :D
Two strokes forever!
TDRSHINE

Messagede Snawbool le 04 Oct 2016 10:36

TDRSHINE a écrit:As promised :D , here there are the pictures of my chain sliders :

Made of very slippery and robust nylon they're CNC machined and finally hand-finished.

I've rebuilt a lot of other parts for my bike, such as modified high-performance-optimized inlet manifolds, parts for the airbox, mirrors, parts of fairings, knobs.

Of course, this "replica" method is applicable to all kind of bikes (my friends widely use them :mrgreen: ) and in many different materials. I've designed and produced special parts for scooters and cars, such as navigator supports, handles, spoilers, shift knob.

Some of these parts are designed and used in national competitions. :wink:

If my hobby is a subject of interest for forum members, please show me which is the correct section and I'll post some images of my "creatures". :D

hmmm.... can you sell them to us :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
DTR 125 - 3NC (1992) ------ XTR660 - DM011 (2007)
Chaine youtube "M'sieur Gone"
Snawbool
Mamie

Motos: DTR125

Messagede BRIO le 04 Oct 2016 10:39

You were so right: The problem (or the solution) is: when you'll see them, maybe you want them! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I want them! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

And you can post your other pictures in "Les autres 2 roues" section. Here:

viewforum.php?f=21

Click "Nouveau" (new), give a title, and post your pictures (Joindre une photo au message). :wink:
ImageImage
BRIO

Motos: 125 DTRE (91) et 200 DTR (89)

Messagede ARNAUD le 04 Oct 2016 11:48

Very impressive work.
But what's the point?
Are they stronger and/or cheaper than stock?
ARNAUD
Expert TT

Messagede TDRSHINE le 04 Oct 2016 16:33

Thanks all for the compliments, I really appreciate. It's always amazing to have new and enthusiastic friends. 8)

The "first" point is the satisfaction to have made them by myself :mrgreen:

After that, but non "second", there is a huge lack or total absence of those spare parts here in Italy, I don't know which is the situation in France or other Countries. For my TDR the most of spare parts have been discontinued. The only ones you can find are parts that are still on more recent models. Those original spare parts, when you find them, are quite expensive. :(

This is a common problem for "vintage" motorcycles users. :|

When finding the original is possible, I suggest and go for the original. Original parts sometimes are better, other times, try to do their best, but simply can't compete. Every time, I'm looking to improve the original project, making parts stronger and/or more performing. It's the same as when you buy special parts from many worldwide manufacturers : you pay more to have more performance. Sometimes is also possible to have more performance at less price. :wink:

Sometimes, for the original parts you have to buy a whole assembly,while you can build just the parts you really need. :shock:

For the special parts...you have something than no one else has, for example my inlet manifold: I've tried five or six solutions progressively optimizing the fluidodynamics. Now, I've gained 500 RPM on the top of the curve VS the original, and I did not change anything else on my bike. :wink:

Different is for the competition parts : you start from scratch to have the best performance and strenght in extreme conditions. We are talking about unique and custom pieces for every circuit.

If you have any question about my hobby, I'll be glad to answer, here or in PM for not going offtopic or overload other topics. :D
Two strokes forever!
TDRSHINE

Messagede Snawbool le 04 Oct 2016 16:39

the only question we have : price? shipping possible?

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
DTR 125 - 3NC (1992) ------ XTR660 - DM011 (2007)
Chaine youtube "M'sieur Gone"
Snawbool
Mamie

Motos: DTR125

Messagede ARNAUD le 04 Oct 2016 17:05

TDRSHINE a écrit:After that, but non "second", there is a huge lack or total absence of those spare parts here in Italy, I don't know which is the situation in France or other Countries. For my TDR the most of spare parts have been discontinued. The only ones you can find are parts that are still on more recent models. Those original spare parts, when you find them, are quite expensive. :(

Thanks for your answer.
These two parts are still available. The front slider is okay and lasts for long but is amazingly expensive, around 75e, so lots of us are looking for alternatives when replacement time comes. The chain guide is cheap -in every sense of the word: if you ride off road, it's quite fragile and its conception is flawed. It's way to wide, can swallow tree branches or rocks and guides nothing... Sure wouldn't put one back on my bike, or a replica for that matter. Of course, for a street/roadrider, that's not an issue.
ARNAUD
Expert TT

Messagede TDRSHINE le 04 Oct 2016 19:57

ARNAUD a écrit:
Thanks for your answer.
These two parts are still available. The front slider is okay and lasts for long but is amazingly expensive, around 75e, so lots of us are looking for alternatives when replacement time comes. The chain guide is cheap -in every sense of the word: if you ride off road, it's quite fragile and its conception is flawed. It's way to wide, can swallow tree branches or rocks and guides nothing... Sure wouldn't put one back on my bike, or a replica for that matter. Of course, for a street/roadrider, that's not an issue.

You're welcome. It has been a way to explain to everyone here which is the philosophy behind my hobby. :D

Here in Italy, have been sold not as much TDR/DT 125 as in France, and probably for this reason is impossible to find/have those two parts. I'm riding one of the last TDRs that are still on the road.

I agree with you that the back chain guide is more suitable for street use. However, nylon is much more flexible than original material, so you can bend it as you want (of course in the elastic phase of the material) , but it still returns to its original shape. I always use to do "stress tests" on the parts I would mount on my bike. Safety before all. 8)

A good example of rear chain guide is the one of YZ250.. :mrgreen: Maybe interesting trying to test a similar guide adapted to TDR/DT, made in nylon. :D
Two strokes forever!
TDRSHINE

PrécédentSuivante

Retourner vers Base de connaissances et améliorations

• Articles en relation
    Réponses
    Vus
    Dernier message